Help for Life's Challenges
The path to recovery is not the same for everyone. SERV Centers of New Jersey’s Clifton Community Behavioral Health Center provides integrated care for youth and adults with behavioral health, substance use, and physical health needs. Our highly-trained staff is here to support you on your path to healing and recovery. We work in partnership with each individual, helping them develop and reach their recovery goals, build resilience for tomorrow's challenges, and enhance their quality of life.
Language and cultural barriers make it hard for some people to seek care. That is why we are proud to have a diverse clinical team that can offer bilingual care. We also offer translation services in many different languages. Each individual receives support from well-trained staff who can assist them at any stage in their recovery. Our team of caring professionals includes:
- A Licensed Medical Director
- Board-Certified Psychiatrists,
- Master’s-Level and State-Licensed Clinicians,
- Peer Support Workers, and
Our team is equipped with Registered Nurses who have several years of experience in addiction services. Nurses are responsible for assessing the individuals and collaborating directly with the prescriber regarding the individual’s individualized treatment.
Medications are securely transferred from our in-house pharmacy by the nurse to our nursing station. Also, the nurses work closely with Clarity Labs in drawing blood work and collecting urine specimens in a timely manner so that results are not delayed. The Director of Nursing is available 24/7 to answer any questions regarding the individual’s medical treatment.
What is Integrated Care?
Integrated care takes into account the health of the whole person. We coordinate an individual’s behavioral health and physical health needs and collaborate with the individual and their loved ones to support their recovery.
Our services are designed to:
- Support the recovery, health, and well-being of individuals & families
- Enhance the quality of life of the individual
- Reduce symptoms or needs and build resilience
- Restore and/or improve functioning
- Support the integration of the individual into the community
Our Services Include:
- Psychiatry services for individuals 16 and older
- Group therapy for adults
Individual and family therapy
- One-on-one therapy with a licensed substance use therapist.
- individuals work with their assigned therapist to identify goals for their recovery, develop a treatment plan, and meet their identified recovery objectives.
- individuals and therapists work collaboratively to develop the best course of treatment for the individual and identify internal and external strengths to support the individual’s recovery.
- This can be ongoing as long as the individual needs the support of a clinician.
Ambulatory withdrawal from opiates
SERV offers outpatient detoxification from opiates.
This model benefits individuals who are unable to commit to an inpatient program but need medical assistance for cessation.
Each individual enrolled in our ambulatory detox will receive:
- Medical assistance and clearance from nursing and medical staff
- Therapeutic interventions to support their detox
- Peer support to encourage sobriety
- A referral for continued care, either within SERV or with an existing provider
Medication to Support Recovery (MSR)
MSR, formerly called Medication Assisted Treatment, is the use of approved medications to assist with individuals’ recovery.
MSR has been shown to improve individual engagement in treatment.
SERV will utilize a variety of medications to support individuals’ sobriety, including:
- Peer support workers are people who have been successful in the recovery process and who help others experiencing similar situations.
- Our certified peer recovery staff can follow individuals throughout the recovery journey.
- Peer recovery specialists can assist with integral case management to assist individuals with all aspects of a sober life.
- Peer support specialists can also serve as a model of sober living to individuals.
Intensive Outpatient (IOP)/Outpatient (OP) Groups for substance use disorders
SERV offers two levels of outpatient therapy:
- IOP (three nights a week/three hours a day of groups)
- Outpatient groups (two nights a week/one hour a night of groups)
IOP and OP groups educate individuals about:
- substance use disorders
- co-occurring mental health disorders
- the need for support of other individuals in recovery
- the importance of necessary emotional and social development
- Outpatient and early intervention treatment for substance use disorders
- ADAPT partial care day program for adults with a severe mental health diagnosis
On-Site Pharmacy Services
We offer on-site pharmacy services through Rapps Pharmacy LLC.